About Me

My photo
My husband and I are new puppy owners- this is our first dog together, and we're working through what it means to be puppy parents!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

And.... we're back!

The weekend was great- but this is going to sound crazy... I did not get ONE photo of Kirby at grandmas. Not ONE! He met chickens for the first time (They scared him) and we discovered he could be a truffle hunter... he found every mushroom in grandma's backyard. And then thought it would be fun to play keep away! I promise, we have been working on drop it, and this just goes to show how much more work we have to do.

My friend Jayme did get a picture of Kirby on his first meeting with a dog that is not an Aussie. Kirby met Oscar, her dachshund.

Kirby was a little shy at first- but they hit it off!

Kirby also met Bosco, her pug, but Bosco was ready to play, and run, and bark, and Kirby needs some quiet time to say hi, do a butt sniff or two, and eat cookies with a pup before he is ready to jump in and play, so Bosco was a little scary. Also, Bosco sounded a lot like Gollum from the Lord of the Rings, and I don't know how Kirby felt about that. He's getting more confident in meeting people, but dogs are still a little scary for him.

Kirby got tree sap all over him at grandma's house, so he got his first bath tonight. I didn't realize how much of him is actually fluff. I snapped a few quick photos, but I felt like I was torturing him, so I didn't do the full photo documentary. :P (Also- I was scrubbing down a puppy- My camera and water don't mix well!)

Trying to entice Kirby into the water.... and eventually just plopping him in.


Why would you do this to me?

Oh my gosh, Kirby was quite the trooper. He whined quite a bit, but he didn't struggle much at all. We dried him off, and he went straight to bed without a complaint. What a traumatic day! He is not a water dog just yet. I know that lots of dogs choose to be swimmers once they get a little older- I hope that's how it works with Kirby!

OH- and I feel like a bad puppy parent for posting this almost a week late- Kirby turned 10 weeks last tuesday- It went much better than the day he turned 9 weeks!

I hope you all had a great weekend! :)

4 comments:

  1. Kirby is growing up real fast! You better get those puppy stage pictures before it's too late!! Eva is still changing by the day and she's already 8 months old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! SO cute!!
    The first time I gave Ace a bath...I was almost scared because he was SOOOO little!!! LIke 90% of him was fluff!! hahaha
    Kirby looks so big already!!! :)
    Glad he had a great weekend with chickens and other doggies!! Sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 10 weeks, Kirby! It sounds like bathtime went pretty well, good for you! He looks so nice and fluffy in the last photo - he must be feeling really good. Did he race madly through the house after the bath? That's what Bandit did (and still does!) after he gets bathed and dried off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, so cute. He does look so tiny when wet!

    ReplyDelete